|Senior Engineer Software Development|
|Name of Jobholder: |
Name of Superior:
|Name of interviewer:||Date:|
Development and testing of applications/product software as per the product requirement specifications. Reviews the applications developed by software engineers and ensures they meet required project standards.
|1. Software Engineering |
· Participate in product requirement workshop to understand the product development requirements and performs software-focused development activities on system/product projects, including design, coding and unit testing of software modules in line with the quality management system.
· Develops new and adapted design of software modules, system setups and system integration.
· Review and approve the work packages created by the software engineers
· Supports the software technical manager in coordinating to provide and receive the technical inputs for the project and resolving the technical issues with the global product management team
· Supports project manager in the estimation of man hours required for the execution of the project deliverables
2. Functional Design Supports the Software technical manager in creating the implementation proposals and design documents and ensures software solutions integrate into the systems solution to meet the functional design specifications.
3. Testing Creates and executes the unit level test descriptions for the scope of project being executed. Based on the impact analysis conducted , in consultation with the technical product manager/change control board arrive at a solution for the identified defects
Maintains the test defect logs captured during the development and testing of the assigned product.
4. Technical Support Resolves customer specific issues/complaints received for assigned products as per the agreement with the L3 and L4 technical support teams.
5. Configuration and Release management
Ensure the adherence of defined configuration management guidelines & plans. Performs release and build management activities
Generate new ideas. Participate in seminars and technical conferences
Additional extraordinary accountabilities:
|Knowledge, Skills and Experience|
|Graduate in engineering with 6-7 years experience in software application/product design and development with understanding of software development life cycle process and tools.|
Masters in engineering with 5 years experience in software application/product design and development with understanding of software development life cycle process and tools.
Specific Skill Set :
Good Proficiency in the Microsoft Technology and development
Experience with design and development of Industrial Application software using Microsoft Technologies (C#, WPF, .NET 4.8, .Net Core) and involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Good knowledge of communication over HTTP, HTTPS , SOAP protocols with other devices or applications
Working knowledge of usage of Infragistics controls for charting applications is desirable
Fair knowledge on Databases like SQL Server, Firebird, SQL Lite
Knowldege of technology for the web such as Web sockets will be an added advantage
Exposure to work in Industrial automation environment will be an added advantage
|Job Category||IT Jobs|